1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I am not sure I made any for 2009. This year, I just want to strive to be a better person in everything I do.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Pretty much the first two weeks of January - lost my job, Rob and I broke up again and my grandmother died...then my computer went kaput. It was a tough month.
May 19 - my first day at Apple.
June 20 - my first real date with Scott...and the first night we got busy...lol
Mid-Sept - I said a final goodbye to a huge distration in my life. He came back around in November but I was strong and held my ground. I will no longer let this person worm his way back into my heart anymore. It's so over, there should be another word for how over it is! (name that cheesy TV show!)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Standing up for myself
Elliminating one of the most toxic people in my life
Getting through 5 mos of unemployment
Getting a job with one of the best companies
Running two 5Ks, a 10K and a 2.5 mile relay and I'm still running!
Getting Lauren into one of the best schools in the city
Buying a new car
9. What was your biggest failure?
I could have done a lot better with money. Spent more time with Lauren.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
I don't remember being sick this year. Other than the little bug I had the week of Christmas.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My car - Lucille II :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Lauren - she's always been such a great kid.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, bills, food, Aveda hair products and eBay (lol)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Lazy Sunday afternoons with Scott
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"1901" by Phoenix
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? MUCH happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? Same
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, in so many ways....
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Had Christmas here at my house :)
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
The real Housewives...god, I am so ashamed!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate him but I'm so glad to have Chris out of my life!
26. What was the best book you read?
I didn't read any books last year. :\
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
A couple of jobs I interviewed for...thankfully!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Ate dinner with Scott at
. I turned 32. :)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A trip to Napa! Haha.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
34. What kept you sane?
My family, friends, red wine and running.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The economy. Unemployment.
37. Who did you misss?
Carrie...I feel like we've only seen each other like 30 mins all year. :\
Jessica...We had so much fun while she was here in Tx. I hope we get a chance to hang out sometime very soon!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
So many....Scott (of course), Jessica (in real life), her husband Phillipe, Diana, Daniel, Caroline, Gloria, Glenn, Karoni, Katie
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
My relationship with God has really developed this year. I am starting to really understand the concept of handing things over to a Higher Power. There are times in life when you just have to let go and let God take the reins. This year has taugh me that no matter how rough things get, I am truly blessed by what God has given me.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I've learned to let go what I cannot change.